Title: libFoundation User Patch
Entry Number: 2116 Creation Date: February 23, 1996
Last Updated: February 23, 1996 Procedure Valid for Release: 3.3-3.3 patch #1
Keywords: Foundation, Library, Patch
The libFoundation User Patch is a of package and scripts that provide fixes to several bugs introduced in NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 Foundation Library.
This patch is useful for several 3rd party products. These vendors should inform you if you do need this patch. If you have any question about which products, please contact the vendors of those products.
This is the same Foundation library that is included with EOF, NEXTSTEP 3.3J, and WebObjects (including the demo). If you have either of these installed, you do not need this patch.
Caution: These packages should only be installed on systems running NEXTSTEP Release 3.3.
The NEXTSTEP libFoundation User Patch Update consists of one User Patch packages:
FoundationUserPatch.pkg, available as NeXTanswer 2117_FoundationUserPatch.pkg.compressed --Contains updated shilb library for computers running NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 and 3.3 patch 1.
Installing the NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 Patch Update Packages
Follow these instructions to install the libFoundation User Patch Update.
1. Log in as root. (If you're not sure how to log in as root, see your system administrator.)
2. Make sure your computer is running NEXTSTEP Release 3.3. (You can find the NEXTSTEP version number with the Workspace Manager application's Info Panel command.)
Warning: Installing the NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 Patch Update on a computer that isn't running NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 will result in unexpected problems.
3. Double-click the FoundationUserPatch.pkg file.
4. Click the Install button in the Installer package window.
An Install Package panel opens. Use this panel to select the same architecture and languages as you did when originally installing the NEXTSTEP Release 3.3 software.
5. Click Install in the Install Package panel, and if prompted for confirmation, click OK to proceed.
The Installer window displays information about the progress of the installation, which may take several minutes.
6. After Installer finishes installing the User Patch package log out and restart the computer.