Follow these instructions to install the Sybase DBKit Adaptor Patch.
1. Log in as root. (If you're not sure how to log in as root, see your system administrator.)
2. Make sure your computer is running OPENSTEP Release 4.x. (You can find the OPENSTEP version number with the Workspace Manager application's Info Panel command.)
3. Double-click the SybaseDBKitAdaptorPatch.pkg file.
4. Click the Install button in the Installer package window.
An Install Package panel opens. Use this panel to select the same architecture and languages as you did when originally installing the OPENSTEP 4.x User software.
5. Click Install in the Install Package panel, and if prompted for confirmation, click OK to proceed.
The Installer window displays information about the progress of the installation, which may take several minutes.